Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hail Queen Hatshepsut

Today I just wanted to celebrate the first female pharaoh of ancient Egypt she was born on July 27.
She was the daughter of Thutmose I, she effectively governed Egypt after her fathers death. She had herself crowned Maatkare Hatshepsut in around 1473 BC.
Although later, her nephew destroyed many of her monuments and records those that survived represent this "Builder" Pharaoh as being authoritative and powerful as any man. (even to the point of her often being portrayed with masculine characteristics).

This is a solar, fire-element day so light a candle to honor remarkable achievements of Hatshepsut.
The English translation of her name: "First Distinguished Women, Joined with Amun."

I love Egypt and in fact it is primarily the pantheon from which I draw many strengths or power that I need for myself from. I have the book..."The Wicca book of Days" by Selena Eilidh Ash

I find many interesting points like this one from it and it keeps me on a sort of daily routine to just find the female power or strength within myself and some small tidbit on small things to focus myself upon.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.
Brightest Blessings )o(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments: