Sunday, September 26, 2010

Merry Mabon

Sept. 21st

Mabon/Autumn Equinox

Its about crops being harvested, light & dark again coming into balance. Witches sometimes put fruit of the season on their altars, baked breads, pies and work their magick to balance imbalances.
It is thought here is when the God sleeps in the womb of the Goddess waiting to be reborn again with a new season.
Mabon is sacred to the Celtic God Mabon, a son of light, son of the mother Goddess Modron.

I thought it very interesting to note here, not only is my favorite season Autumn, due to the lovely temperatures, foliage colors and family gatherings giving thanks. But this past weekend when I was on my "Girls' Get away" I took by chance a spell with me to perform as a Blessing, a spell to balance some imbalances for me and my personal issues. I did this without even thinking of Mabon, funny how that worked isn't it?
Here I am just practicing the craft I love, casting the Blessings I wrote and looking for that harmony again in my routines and daily life then I get home...really notice the Dates and think...OH WOW...how magickally I was guided and how intricate the spokes of the wheel turn all coordinating together and some how reaching that desired location or effect that manage to balance each other along the path. I am truly blessed & I am grateful that along the way I take time to notice, really notice the gifts from the Gods/desses that stick out and show me...I am right where I belong within myself and my environment.
Brightest Blessings all, may you too balance the imbalances in your life.
)o(

3 comments:

  1. A Merry and Blessed Mabon to you as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very blessed Mabon to you too. I hope you don't mind, but I've taken your picture above for my Blog too. Let me know if that is a problem?
    http://awitchabroad.blogpot.com
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed Mabon to you... I was searching for images and yours is by far the best Mabon image, so I have placed it on my facebook page www.facebook.com/morriganscrystals
    It is scheduled to go live on 21st September...
    I hope you dont mind...

    Lady Morrigan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments: