Friday, October 8, 2010

Seven Blessings Bottles:



These are a rendition of Eileen Holland's Seven Blessing Bottles:

I have three amazing women in my life who I wanted to do something special for...so I gathered my library and started thumbing through different projects to put a spin on what I wanted.

I found it...A SEVEN BLESSINGS BOTTLE

Although I adapted it to jars and added some of my own goodies inside for the layers...it followed same outline.

1st layer: salt (To purify & cleanse) 2nd layer: Pine needles from my yard for Health 3rd layer: some dried rose petals (I had done myself) & cinnamon for Love 4th Layer: my own rubbed sage for prosperity 5th layer some home grown Basil from my summer garden for Peace 6th layer: Black Pepper & Garlic powder for Protection 7th layer: Dill weed & Bay Leaves for Good luck. Last top layer is some Sugar to sweeten the charm/spell and seal the deal.

You want to be sure to use DRIED ingridents for that will keep things from getting mold or soggy.

This jar/bottle is to bring forth good blessings/fortune to you and your home. It can be hidden in a closet or cabinet by front door where all things must enter...preferrably somewhere dark.

You want to attract these positive things to your doorstep and you and especially protection for yourself and your home.

I did a little blessing and sealed them with White candle wax to give it that "Witchy" appearance. I think they are lovely...they have been created, blessed and sealed. Now...to give them to my friends, what a wonderful start to the Witches' New Year for me! :)

Brightest Blessings )o(

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous blessing I will definitely be trying this one. Love your blog it is so pretty, the green vine leaves at the edges look brilliant. If you would like to visit me back mine is http://www.astartemoonblog.com/, many blessings to you, Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments: